Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Like A Period But White Instead

First try cycling Bixi

The day of the launch of Bixi May 12, 2009, I subscribed on the website. At $ 78 annual subscription as I was ready to make this investment to see how it would work. I received my chip 2 days later by mail. After registration of the chip on the Internet, I was ready. I hope to use the Bixi to see some customers during the day and sometimes back to the house by combining the operation because the service is not yet in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve. This will be longer than the subway, but at least I'll outside.

So today was the first attempt. First, find a station by. The launch is done, but it's not all stations are in place. Find one with bikes available, because the nearest office showed no bike at 17:30. Only 300 yards away, there was a station on the corner of Bleury with bikes waiting for me.

Only 5 minutes walk and here I am. The chip in the drive bike, the bike was mine. Small adjustment of seat height and I was gone. A short trip on René-Lévesque to Alexandre de Seve, the place most in the east where there are currently based bikes.

first observation, motorists in Montreal and have not changed as I was not on the cycle track from St-Denis, I was a little bored of my helmet bike. Arrived before the first station, I remembered that on the website, there were indications of station who were a little farther north. My first mistake. I thought there was a Papineau Metro station, but no!

I try with my Iphone look at the map of the stations, but the website takes so long to download my iphone closes the session believing that the site is not responding. As I have an iPhone, I call my boyfriend who looks on his computer and tells me when the next available station at the corner of Alexandre de Seve and Ontario.

parking is as easy as taking possession of the bike. In my statement on the site, I made the trip in less than 25 minutes from 5:49 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. therefore no extra cost. Eventually if I want to go Station at the corner Hogan and Hochelaga, I'll have to check the time to go there, but admit that today I took the delay in finding a station to accept my bike.

Driving is very nice, this is not really forcing. It must take its time because when the streets down, it does no good to ride. I noted the height of my seat to quickly choose a bike next time. I give you news of my upcoming tests.

0 comments:

Post a Comment