Thursday, September 30, 2010

Widget For Day Counter Relationship

A new baby and rising electricity costs

And yes! The arrival of a child will require you to consume on average 20% more kilowatt hour, as a consultant for Hydro-Quebec.

Since I stopped working in April, I found that our consumption of electricity was higher than the previous year. Normal, because I spent more time at home instead of being in the office. So using more lighting, by operating domestic appliances and home electronics, all this necessarily means more power consumption. In my case, an increase that accounts for 5%. However

receiving this week a review of my monthly payment plan, our annual consumption was for the whole of last year available in an overall decrease of nearly 25%. Indeed, according to the work we have made last fall to improve the energy efficiency of our 2-story, and let's face it, having suffered a mild winter, Hydro-Québec wanted to revise my monthly payment down.

But finding an increase in consumption during the last 4 months I have filed an appeal with Hydro-Quebec for sure whether it was wise to reduce payments and avoid a big bill in September. Councillor and I have come to the same conclusion that it was indeed preferable not to reduce the monthly payment because with the arrival of a child, the accounts are always higher. Indeed, parents are more often at home, they avoid to reduce the temperature at night in children's bedrooms and they especially do a lot more washing.

So in addition to include in your budget, costs the first year of baby, do not forget to budget for rising electricity costs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment